Frequently Asked Questions
We are the most convenient urban storage
urBin is a one-stop shop for all your moving and storage needs. We offer moving concierge and valet storage services. In moving, we serve as a single point of contact for our clients handling all moving-related services from planning to completion. In storage, we offer storage with pickup and delivery, at a click of a button. With simple online quotation and signup, our customers store anything from one item to full homes. No matter how big or small your storage needs may be, we have a solution for you.
With urBin, storage is easy! We drop off empty bins. You fill and lock them. When you’re ready, we will pick up the locked bins and store them in our secure facility. Schedule a delivery whenever you want and your bins will be home in 24-48 hours. You can empty your bins on the spot, or ask us to come back for them later.
Simply input your inventory into our online calculator and get the quote on the spot! Once you place your order, our team of professional movers shows up to wrap your items and take them to the storage facility. When you are ready to to have the items back, simply request delivery in your account on our website, text 212-390-5454, or email email@example.com and we will be at your door with your prized possessions within 48 hours.
To continue offering safe moving and storage options to our clients we adopted the following procedures in response to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19):
- Enhanced cleaning of bins and equipment: in addition to standard regular power washing, storage bins undergo second sanitization prior to drop off at customer locations
- Moving and storage staff and urBin representatives in direct contact with clients are required to wear masks and gloves and clean hands with hospital grade sanitizer before and after each appointment. Upon request, we can double up on masks and wear non-slip shoe covers while in the client’s home.
- Moving and storage staff undergo daily screenings, workers with symptoms or exposed to people with a confirmed case of COVID-19 are required to quarantine; urBin representatives in direct contact with clients undergo regular diagnostic testing for COVID-19.
- On request, urBin offers fully contactless moving and storage services including on-site estimates without customer presence, video estimates, day-of move client representation, moving crew supervision, contactless pickups and drop offs.
You define your needs
We offer two kinds of bins – Large (urBin L), and Extra Large (urBin XL)
Large urBins measure 30in X 15in X 16in. They are larger than standard storage bins and hold on average 15-20 bulky jackets.
Extra large urBins measure 40in X 20in x 20in. They can fit the contents of 3 regular storage bins, and hold on average 25-30 bulky jackets.
Won’t fit in the bins? Not a problem with urBin! Just input your inventory into our online calculator and get an instant quote. We pick up, deliver and do all of the wrapping for you to ensure safe storage of your furniture.
You access your prized posessions
We offer standard arrival windows 7-12 and 12-5 7 days a week. After hours service and 2-hour upgrades available for a reasonable fee. Please inquire via email text phone or here.
You can schedule a delivery time up to a month in advance, or as late as 48 hours before delivery, subject to availability.
Please note, the dates between 25-2 of each month get booked very quickly. If you need to schedule an appointment for one of those days, please plan as early as possible.
We secure your valuables
Very safe. Here’s what we do to ensure the security of your prized possessions:
- You lock your own bins (we’ll never ask for a key!)
- Double-locked bins for extra security
- Bins have heavy-duty plastic construction
- Modern security monitoring systems at the facility
- 24/7 on-site manager at the facility
We provide complimentary zip-ties for your bins. You can provide your own locks, or you can purchase them from us. Locks are $15 for a set of two.
Other general questions
In order to conveniently reclaim your space, you’ll need:
- A credit card
- And less than 2 free minutes
- What are you waiting for?
We don’t currently offer customer insurance plans through urBin, but are definitely looking into it for the future.
The contents of your bins can usually be added to your homeowner’s insurance policy and we suggest you check with your insurance agent.