Our newly-elected mayor has been at the helm for three months now. To take his new job, he had to do what a lot of us inevitably wind up doing – pack and move. Though he still shoveled in Park Slope (fingers crossed that that weather’s behind us), Mayor D and the first family sleep it off in the posh Upper East Side these days. What could the Mayor have left in storage?
- Flatware. Brooklyn residents don’t eat Pizza with a knife and fork. The “that’s how they do it in Italy” excuse just doesn’t cut it.
- The pat down. We don’t stop and frisk anymore. We’re cool if this winds up as an abandoned bin too.
- Baby Einstein DVD’s. We don’t need em’ if we have universal Pre-K.
- Bloomberg terminals. Have you seen how much desk space these things take up?
- Podium Risers. At 6’5″ and a full nine inches taller than our former mayor, Mr. de Blasio doesn’t need any help stepping up to the mic. Too bad he stinks at basketball.