If you live in Hoboken, chances are you’re in a less than spacious apartment or condo. A great way to make a small apartment feel larger is to keep it organized and clutter free. Here are 5 simple ways to add space to your apartment.
- Shoe Racks – Any avid shoe collector will tell you that there is a pair of shoes for every occasion! Keep those unworn shoes from cluttering your closet floor by adding a shoe rack or hanging shoe organizer over your closet door. Need both, it’s okay, your secret’s safe with us. Shoe organizers / racks can be found just about anywhere, and are a great low cost alternative to closet clutter. They will also cut down on time wasted looking for that perfect pair! Hint: shoe organizers are perfect for storing cleaning products or snacks in the pantry.
- Bathroom – Do items go missing from your bathroom? Installing plastic drawer organizers and bins will allow you to sort and find your makeup, hair brushes and other essentials when you need them. Add a decorative basket to spare floor space, to bring a touch of decor and provide storage for spare towels and toiletries; freeing much needed closet space!
- Seasonal Clothes – Thick winter coats are a blessing on frigid January mornings, but end up dominating your closet space by July. Separate your wardrobe by season and store them in specific drawers or boxes. If you don’t have enough closet space don’t worry – urBin has a customer-tailored solution that makes seasonal storage a breeze. With guaranteed 24-hour delivery it’s like your belongings never left the apartment!
- Shelving / Baskets – Increase your floor plan by taking advantage of vertical space. Installing stylish shelving around your living room will increase the space available for remotes, chargers, books, magazines, pictures and nick knacks while de-cluttering your floors. Storage ottomans also make great hiding places for extra pillows and blankets.
- Wall Hooks – Another great way to cut down on clutter is to add wall hooks in the living room, kitchen and bathroom. Decorative wall hooks can add style while turning unused wall space into a storage area for day-to-day items like jackets, hoodies, umbrellas, keys and hats.
If organizing your apartment is the last thing on your to-do-list, remember de-cluttering is easier with urBin. With a few clicks you can store a couch, clean your closet and free up space. urBin will drop off and pick up the bins so you never need to leave your apartment, saving you time and money.